Skip to main content

Prayin' for a miracle.






Praying for a miracle.

It’s ahmazzzing how many times Dollie has met someone who says “I’ve been praying for you! It’s so nice to meet you.” Like, what?! People have prayed for her and not even known her... or us! Can you even fathom that?

MEETING someone who has already been praying for you!!?

Often I hear, "I'm praying for a miracle". Its got me thinking... what is that? What's the miracle? Is it that she will walk? That her Spina Bifida will be cured?


So here's the thing... I wouldn't take it away. Why? Because God PERFECTLY knit her together for US. He chose HER to be our baby and US to be her family, like whhhhat? This story was written so so so so so SO long ago and we're finally living it. He knew exactly what we needed and gifted us with Dolls. Does that even make sense?

I think of it kind of like my 16th birthday hoping for a car... a beater of a car, ANY car! I would LOVE a Honda Civic but will be totally cool with mom's hand me down mini. BUT I get a freakin' Defender'90... Baby blue with GLITTER on top! That's legit how I feel about this baby. Like He chose ME for this beautiful little ball of Heaven.

I have a front row seat, ya'll. I am about to watch the most beautiful and magical story unfold and I am SO EXCITED. If Dollie didn't have Spina Bifida, my life would be different. My eyes would still be closed. I have been gifted this whole new lens to see life through and it's so clear, everything is so colorful, so bright. That child has given me purpose. She has grown my relationship with God. She has taught people the power of prayer... even small children.  This child is about to change lives- she ALREADY HAS. She is touching hearts, turning people to God. She's teaching us all about what life is truly about, how to love, how to smile when things aren't our idea of "perfect". Girlfriend is HAPPY. All. Of. The. Time. How can I not be?!

My life has changed tremendously over the last year. Has it been hard? HELL YES, but Praise Jesus for every single day of it. I needed every minute. He knew I did and He gifted me with exactly what I needed. Every trial had a life lesson, every single piece of me that broke off totally needed to go. I am stronger and braver than I ever thought I could be and I love fiercely.

He knew who my husband would be, that I would have 3 children and a white stinky dog named "Gus". He knew that I would fall on my face a million times and that He would have to wait patiently for me to try again, but differently, with Him leading and not me.  He knew that my third baby would have Spina Bifida and He wrote that story for me.

So what's the miracle?

I don't want our story to derail. We're just gettin' started! I don't want our outcome to be something different than what He has planned for us... why? Because His plan is SO MUCH COOLER than mine could EVER be! He never said life would be easy. He actually said we would suffer... like a lot. But He did promise us an eternity full of pure GOLD where all of our sins are GONE and everyone is made flawless. I live for that and this life I want to sit back and watch unfold.

Please do pray for miracles... a big one- to keep these kiddos GERM FREE! <3

xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

so... about me.

I have been lost. In adulthood. In wife life. In motherhood. Where did I go? Me... Emily. The photo junkie, jewelry artist, music loving, traveling fool. What happened to date nights, or even late nights? Slow dancing to Billie Holiday with a bottle of red while fish tacos cook in the kitchen. I day dream of Costa Rica and shopping sprees, sleeping in with my handsome man next to me and having coffee in bed. Let's talk self care. It used to mean pedicures and massages, a weekend getaway or a girls night. It's no secret that life is hard and somewhere in the midst I've lost myself. I have forgotten who i am aside from being a wife, a mom, a friend, a daughter. I don't get my hair done or my nails. I would die for a massage or just a fancy bath where I could soak as long as I want. I could use a few strokes of mascara and could totally benefit from some whitening strips. I didn't realize I had abandoned not just these superficial things but also TRULY carin

the Story.

As I sit in this hospital room listening to the clicking of the IV fluids and a sweet little teeny tiny baby snore, I endulge myself with a 16oz mocha and a chocolate chip muffin and think two things: Dollie is the toughest person I have ever met and this shiz has  been hard. Yesterday at 8:00 am central time Dahlia underwent a 4 hour surgery to repair her grade 4 hydronephrosis of her left kidney and to release both of her Achilles’ tendons in her tiny baby feet. At 20 weeks pregnant I went in to Dr. Brody’s office for what I thought was a typical ultrasound. It was me and Brooks and it turned out it was my 20 week anatomy scan. As Robin scanned me she noticed that the baby’s left kidney was dilated but assured me that it sometimes happens and not to freak out. She continued to scan that baby and as she got to the brain she grew more quiet than normal. At that time Dr. Brody popped in and looked at the screen and I could see with the exchange of looks that something was wrong. R

dark as night.

Today feels blah.  I am sad... tired... alone... depressed.  It feels like I have noone to call, noone who understands and honestly I think my support system is just tired also.  Supporting someone who is struggling is hard. There is so much encouraging, inviting and loving that goes into supporting a friend who's in a tough spot. It gets old... always having to reach out and check in. Always having to be the one to sprinkle some positivity, it can wear anyone out.  Lately it has felt like a dark cloud is following me around. It feels like the enemy is constantly feeding me lies about myself and who I am. I feel distant from God, I am struggling to hear Him. I long for old relationships with friends and family. I miss playdates, jokes, getting a beer. I miss going shopping with my mom. I miss alone time with my husband. I miss My Morning Jacket. I want a weekend getaway. I'm worried. We have 9 days until Dollie's next surgery. It is on her clubfeet, it